Chipstead Riding Club prides itself on its team events by regularly sending out successful teams in all disciplines. We invite you to be part of this with huge team and club spirit, always with plenty of supporters to cheer you on.
So what do you need to be on a team?
- Firstly we ask that you are safely, confidently and successfully competing at the level / class you wish to participate in at the qualifier (you don't need to be winning everything, but ought to be in the ribbons regularly).
- If it’s a National qualifier then your horse’s vaccinations must be up to date, showing correct initial jabs then one at least annually after that (we can take a look and advise you on this if you are unsure). You will NOT be allowed to compete at National qualifiers or championships without up to date jabs, so don’t put yourself forward for a National team without checking them first. You also cannot have a jab within the 7 days before a competition. (Vaccinations are not checked for L&SE events).
- Commitment: once we have put pre-entries in, under BRC rules we are committed to pay the full entry fee, so if you find you cannot compete and we cannot find a reserve, you will have to still pay the entry fee—sorry!
- Patience: often qualifiers are all day affairs—so be prepared for long hours at an event—we won’t always be given “agreeable” times so when you put yourself forward block out the entire day for your competition—especially with popular classes such as novice show jumping or horse trials.
- HELP: for the larger qualifiers (Horse Trials, etc) we are often asked to provide jump judges or helpers in order for us to compete. So if you are on a team please be aware that you will also be asked to be a volunteer for another team so that they can compete. This is over and above your usual “club help”.
Please contact team manager Julie Evans for more information on being part of something special, and look out for calls for team members in our newsletters. Events are listed to the left.